The Stigma Free Society is passionate about stomping out stigma in the community and workplace. Andrea Paquette, Executive Director, Stigma-Free Society has delivered presentations and keynote speeches to over 4000 people at various venues such as the Young Entrepreneurs Society, Rotary Clubs, Royal Bank, University of Victoria, non-profit organizations and additional businesses. We will attend any community event and presentations are tailored for your requirements.
It is especially important to stomp out stigma in the workplace and a personal story about living with a mental health condition helps get the message out that awareness, understanding and acceptance are encouraged by employers. A presentation also creates an environment that ignites stigma free conversations, which encourages empathy and understanding among co-workers. Our inspirational Presenters also deliver workshops and Keynote speeches at conferences.
We are currently working with some amazing organizations such as YMCA, The Autism Hub in Richmond, Arts Umbrella, Coast Mental Health and so many more. Join the Stigma-Free Zone movement and promote awareness, understanding and acceptance in your workplace!
Andrea & Robyn are your Classroom and Community Presenters
Stigma-Free Zone Community Presentations Summary
- Our presenter shares an introduction on the topic of mental health stigma with powerful impacting images surrounding the subject of mental illness. She encourages discussion among students and specifically engages them on the topic of mental illness stigma.
- The presenter shares her personal and inspiring story of living with and managing bipolar a mental illness, which emphasizes that we all have struggles, but no matter what our challenges, we can live extraordinary lives.
- The conversation about stigma is expanded upon as the presenter educates youth on the various stigmas in society with impacting images and stories of inspiring people who face stigma, but have demonstrated outstanding resiliency.
- The Program provides a take away Stigma-Free Zone Superheroes Rack Card that directs youth to our website, specifically the Help Page via a QR link that can be scanned with their cell phones to access resources. This innovative rack card is a tool that encourages people to talk about stigma.
- The presentation has a brief Q&A period where participants are open to ask questions and engage in discussion.
- Attendees are encouraged to take the Stigma-Free Test after their day is complete and participants have had the rest of the day to ponder on their learnings.
- Participants are given a ’10 Tips for Mental Health Management’ hand-out to ensure they reflect on ways they can stay mentally well.